[syslinux] gpxelinux feature request

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Sep 3 15:47:58 PDT 2008

Doug Scoular wrote:

> This would solve a huge number of our problems since we
> don't have the ability to control our DHCP server configurations
> to avoid the "breaking the infintie loop" issue. See:
>
> http://www.etherboot.org/wiki/pxechaining#breaking_the_infinite_loop
>
> Is this the best forum to gently nudge in this direction or do I also
> need to prod the etherboot good people too ?

You don't need to do that anymore.

First of all, if you simply use gpxelinux.0 instead of pxelinux.0, you
don't have an infinite loop to break.

Second, if that still isn't sufficient, gPXE supports "embedded
scripts", which is a really powerful facility; it can be used to do
these kinds of things and much more.