[syslinux] Selecting keyboard mappings in syslinux

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Sep 3 20:05:22 PDT 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> Ok, drop this one. The problem was that I was using CONFIG with the
>> keyboard mapping instead of the config file.
>>
>> Thank God it's friday evening !
>
> ROTFL!
>
> By the way, it sounds like you're replicating a lot of stuff in your
> keyboard config files... an easier way is probably to just have:
>
> ----
> kbdmap be.map
> include isolinux.cfg
> ----

Will try tomorrow. Thanks !

Another question, would it be useful to add a collection of keyboard
mappings to the syslinux distribution ? I noticed that systemrescuecd

 	http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page

is distributing a lot of syslinux keyboard mappings on their default CD
(even though they do not seem te be used on the CD itself). Having them
distributed together with syslinux seems more convenient.