[syslinux] a very bit problem!

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Sep 3 23:26:22 PDT 2008

Hamid Reza Hasani wrote:
> Hi there!
> I have a bit problem with syslinux,
> I want to boot from a binary file, I don't want to have any OS(any
> kernel), so how can I do that?
> Should I make a special binary file? what should I specify in syslinux.cfg?

What kind of binary file do you have?

You can boot an ELF image with elf.c32, or a raw binary image with
pmload.c32.  Perhaps the easiest thing, however, would be to do a .com
(16 bit) or .c32 (32 bit) file, both of which are plain binary files
linked to a specific address (0x100 and 0x101000, respectively.)  See
the file doc/comboot.txt for more details.