[syslinux] Selecting keyboard mappings in syslinux

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Thu Sep 4 01:06:00 PDT 2008

Hallo, H.,

Du (hpa) meintest am 03.09.08:

>>  	http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page
>>
>> is distributing a lot of syslinux keyboard mappings on their default
>> CD (even though they do not seem te be used on the CD itself).
>> Having them distributed together with syslinux seems more
>> convenient.

> In theory they should be buildable from the keyboard mappings
> included with the kbd kit (usually located in /lib/kbd/keymaps).

That's the theory.
The mentioned perl script (from lilo) looks into a wrong directory, most
times the maps are gzipped.

I had to make the directory into which the perl script wants to look,
move the gzipped original maps and unzip them.
Ok - I had made only about 10 such maps ...

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut