[syslinux] Selecting keyboard mappings in syslinux

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Sep 4 07:34:21 PDT 2008

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008, Dag Wieers wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> Dag Wieers wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, drop this one. The problem was that I was using CONFIG with the
>>> keyboard mapping instead of the config file.
>>>
>>> Thank God it's friday evening !
>>
>> ROTFL!
>>
>> By the way, it sounds like you're replicating a lot of stuff in your
>> keyboard config files... an easier way is probably to just have:
>>
>> ----
>> kbdmap be.map
>> include isolinux.cfg
>> ----
>
> Will try tomorrow. Thanks !

The problem with this is that the isolinux.cfg in this case cannot have a
kbdmap entry (because that would effectively override the prior
statement). And so by default you would not have Belgian keyboard mappings
but instead US Qwerty.

So I need to have something like my extensive main.cfg without kbdmap,
create the isolinux.cfg with only the kbdmap I would like to use by
default that includes main.cfg and a similar file for every other keyboard
mapping as well.

That works, but a c32 that can reload the kbdmap would be easier.
And it would stay in the submenu when you invoke it instead of reloading
the complete menu and go back to the beginning.