[syslinux] gpxelinux feature request

Doug Scoular dscoular at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 00:31:14 PDT 2008

Hi Peter,

> You don't need to do that anymore.
>
> First of all, if you simply use gpxelinux.0 instead of pxelinux.0, you
> don't have an infinite loop to break.

I thought gpxelinux.0 (3.71) still had problems with chain booting other
network boot programs. Has this changed or can I use gpxelinux.0
in production environments everywhere that I would pxelinux.0 ?

> Second, if that still isn't sufficient, gPXE supports "embedded
> scripts", which is a really powerful facility; it can be used to do
> these kinds of things and much more.

I'm not sure what you mean by "embedded scripts" do you mean
the EMBEDDED_IMAGE definition in the gpxe Makefile to hard-code
a url to a script ? Is this specific to gpxe or does gpxelinux also have
this feature.

Apologies for being more than a little confused. I would still dearly
love to be able to somehow pass a URL with the clients MAC or
UUID embedded in it.

Cheers,

Doug

--

The big print giveth and the small print taketh away.