[syslinux] gpxelinux feature request

Doug Scoular dscoular at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 05:13:37 PDT 2008

Hi Peter,
I was playing around with the slitaz mini distro when I
stumbled upon the fact that they are now offering web
booting via gpxe. Their grub config has the following
invocation:

# gPXE
title   gPXE (Boot from the Web)
kernel  /boot/gpxe url=http://mirror.slitaz.org/pxe/pxelinux.0

Which is almost exactly what I would like to be able to do.
Apparently they hand wrote the patch themselves at:

http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/raw-file/fea5060f74cd/gpxe/stuff/default_boot.u

I just wondered if you or the etherboot people were
interested in incorporating this patch ?

This may also give us the ability to pass the MAC address via
IPAPPEND2 if there were some way of quoting it in the url.

Anyway, just some random thoughts...

Cheers,

Doug

--

The big print giveth and the small print taketh away.