[syslinux] help

Prof S W Damle swdamle at sancharnet.in
Tue Sep 9 19:41:09 PDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: syslinux-bounces at zytor.com [mailto:syslinux-bounces at zytor.com]On
Behalf Of H. Peter Anvin
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 9:45 PM
To: For discussion of SYSLINUX and tftp-hpa
Subject: Re: [syslinux] help

Prof S W Damle wrote:

> How can "syslinux.cfg" file be made from the above "Configuration
Settings"
> to enable me to boot from USB ?

Presumably you would process it with whatever tool you used to make a
CD, and rename isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg.

If you're using Syslinux-3.72-pre5 then you can simply use the isohybrid
tool after building the CD - then you get an image that can be either a
CD or a USB stick.

Hello Sir,

(1)Downloaded "syslinux-3.72-pre5.zip 09-Sep-2008 04:07  5.3M" ,
 gone through all the documents but unable find how to use "isohybrid tool"

(2) The "CD" is ready and working fine!

(3) you are requested to provide me the steps to follow to get an image
using "isohybrid tool" to enable me to work from a USB stick.

Thankyou in advance.

With Regards,
Prof S W Damle