[syslinux] List quiet for some time now?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Sep 17 13:46:31 PDT 2008

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
>> Haven't seen messages for about a week now, but archive doesn't show new messages.
>
> That happens sometimes...
>
>> Wondering what the status is for 3.72. I've downloaded and tested the pre6 on my systems,
>> and it works fine. Getting to release a new version of my g4l project, and wanted to use the
>> latest version, since I know some people have used it on mac machines.
>>
>> Also, is there a way to get and display the syslinux version on the vesamenu. The only thing
>> I've found is going to the boot: prompt and doing a Ctrl - V.
>
> I haven't provided this, but I'd be willing to add something if there is
>   general interest.

Thinking about this some more, I think it's time to add a simple macro
system for configuration files.  The internals have been streamlined
enough by now that it should be relatively easy to do -- there has been
a *lot* of work behind the scenes which isn't user visible.

The main question is what syntax to use that isn't likely to step on
something else.  I think my current inclination is to use the Unix-like
${...} with the braces mandatory to reduce the likelihood of conflict.

Opinions, anyone?