[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.72-pre7: getting close

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Sep 22 13:01:42 PDT 2008

Seitz, Bryan wrote:
> HPA,
>
>     Is localboot still broken or have you not gathered enough evidence of this issue yet?
>
> (Or, is the recommended chain.c32 method perfectly backwards/forwards compatible?)

The e1000 issue is a gPXE issue.  gpxelinux.0 is still experimental to
some degree, and I don't want to hold 3.72 for it.

chain.c32 should work recently far back, and will be supported going
forward indefinitely.  It does, however, behave differently than
"localboot": it boots the hard disk, not the "next device".