[syslinux] VPD information, macros and syslinux

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Sep 24 18:14:26 PDT 2008

Dag Wieers wrote:

> Hmm, but that would be very limited in use. While being able to
> dynamically construct the syslinux configfile would provide much more
> flexibility, since you can create whatever menu or submenu on the fly
> based on whatever criteria you like.

It's a much more complex problem, though, at least until we have fully
cut over to the dynamic ELF linkage stuff (which would allow
constructing stuff in memory and leaving them there.)  I'm trying to
figure out how to get from here to there still.

The risk, too, is that you end up with something that ends up looking a
whole lot like the complex menu system, which seems too difficult for
people to use.

I'm open for ideas, though.