[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.72 released

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Sep 26 17:17:08 PDT 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> Looking at the code I have no clue how to make the for_each_pci_func()
>> block into something acceptable. My C knowledge cannot even parse that
>> construct :) I didn't know that C could do something like this.
>
> C99 can, but not earlier versions.  Anyway, I have checked in a pair of
> patches to convert offending #-style comments to C-style comments in the
> com32 part of the code; the rest of the code can stay as-is.

Patches work fine.

This problem made it clear to me to keep the syslinux-test packages (based
on pre-release) back in sync so we can find these kinds of problems before
the actual release.

I apologise for not having tested a 3.72-pre before the release. The signs
were obvious I just ignored them :-/ Next time you advertise a pre-release
as being close to a release I'll try them on RH9, RHEL3, RHEL4 and RHEL5
again. Thanks again.