[syslinux] pxelinux timeout problem on CentOS 5, syslinux-3.11-4

Phillip Mispagel pmispagel at vmware.com
Fri Sep 26 17:11:06 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a project to have all of our systems here use pxelinux for multiple system reinstalls.  One of the requirements is that timeout works, but for some reason it doesn't.

I've got a default option set, and a timeout of 300.  pxelinux will read the timeout line properly, as it displays a timeout of 30 seconds when the PXE menu comes up, yet it never starts counting down.

I've read docs and researched on Google and I'm at a loss as to why this isn't working.  My next approach will be to install a different version of syslinux.

Do any of you have any recommendations?

Thank you,
Phillip