[syslinux] pxelinux timeout problem on CentOS 5, syslinux-3.11-4

Phillip Mispagel pmispagel at vmware.com
Tue Sep 30 16:52:38 PDT 2008

It was a version issue, I grabbed the menu.c32 from a newer version of syslinux and all is happy now.  Thank you.

I am, however, having another issue.  I've started using vesamenu.c32 which is awesome; placing a company logo on the menu gives a much more professional look.

The problem I'm having is using dos based memdisk utilities with vesamenu.c32.  vesamenu.c32 covers all text output of the kernel loading, or a diagnostic tool loading (wipedisk.img), etc.

I've tried getting around this by making a sub menu which loads menu.c32 instead of vesamenu.c32, but vesamenu.c32 still covers the entire screen and the whole process seems to hang (the menu.c32 submenu never loads properly).

If I set the default of the main menu to menu.c32, then the sub menu menu.c32 loads perfectly.

Any ideas how I may accomplish getting kernel/initrd info to display if I'm using vesamenu.c32?

Thank you!
Phillip