[syslinux] kbdmap module file format error

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Apr 8 09:53:05 PDT 2009

Hi,

I was excited to find the kbdmap module, but have some problems making it
work with keyboard mapping files that works fine with syslinux.

I tried by using both:

   label be
     menu label ^Belgian (be)
     kernel kbdmap.c32 maps/be.ktl

as well as:

   label be
     menu label p Belgian (be)
     kernel kbdmap.c32
     append maps/be.ktl

but I always get the error:

   Keyboard map file format error

According to the sourcecode this is related to a file length issue.
However the file works fine with syslinux and the files are exactly 256
bytes in length, which I think would be correct :-)

I couldn't find any information on how to use the kbdmap com32 module, but
offer to write the Wiki page about it once I get it working.

Thanks in advance,