[syslinux] kbdmap module file format error

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Apr 9 06:35:53 PDT 2009

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>>  I was excited to find the kbdmap module, but have some problems making it
>>  work with keyboard mapping files that works fine with syslinux.
>>

> It's a bug; I pushed out 3.74-pre21 which fixes the bug.

I just tested 3.74-pre21 and discovered that an entry like:

   label de
     menu label ^German keyboard (de)
     kernel kbdmap.c32 maps/de.ktl

works from the menu, but not on the commandline. However using the command
'kbdmap' on the commandline it works fine

----
boot: de
Usage: kbdmap mapfile
boot: kbdmap maps/de.ktl