[syslinux] bug (I think) in gpxelinux.0 ?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Fri Apr 10 14:01:37 PDT 2009

--On Friday, April 10, 2009 10:01:24 PM +0200 Nico de Haer
<nico.dehaer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nope - tried that, and the wiki states that it *should* be on the kernel
> line.

>> > small chunk from my config file:
>> > kernel memdisk raw keeppxe
>> > append initrd=bootdisk/xpboot-144.ima
>> >

>> does moving the additional options from the kernel line down to append
>> help with the issue?
>>
>> label testing
>> kernel memdisk
>> append initrd=bootdisk/xpboot-144.ima raw keeppxe

"keeppxe" is an option to the "kernel" config command, and so should be on
the kernel line.  Putting it elsewhere will have no effect.

"raw" is a parameter to memdisk, and so should be on the "append" line.
Putting it on the kernel line instead may sometimes work in the menu
system, but will not work in the command line, and in any case the command
"kernel memdisk raw keeppxe" prevents the parser from seeing the "keeppxe"
option.

label testing
kernel memdisk keeppxe
append initrd=bootdisk/xpboot-144.ima raw

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>