[syslinux] The maximum number of rows in a com32 menu

Erwan erwan at seanodes.com
Wed Apr 15 13:54:15 PDT 2009

Hey Murali,
While playing with HDT which uses your menu, I found I can't reach more
than 24 rows whereas my screen is 25.

set_windows_size() relies on getnumrows() to define the maximum number
of possible rows.
But regarding to getnumrows() code, it sounds to report "// Actually
numrows - 1".
On my screen which is 80x25, getnumcols x getrowcols reports 80x24.

The set_windows_size() is so refusing to set the screen up to 80x25.

Is it a desired behavior or can we fix the menuing system by replacing
getnumrows() calls by getnumrows()+1 ?

Erwan,