[syslinux] Returning to syslinux bootloader

Miller, Shao Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Fri Apr 17 08:25:52 PDT 2009

It's kind of funny; it seems like we are almost talking about a "pre-OS
hibernation file."  So how about this, a COM32 module which scans
_all_of_memory_ and makes a state file in a sparse format, to avoid
contiguous zeroes.  This state file would clearly include the
boot-loader itself and everyone else.  Tricky part would be moving the
state out of the way while memory is being restored.

Restoring such a state would obviously do little good for hardware.

A very interesting discussion; I'm not fond of waiting for 5 ROMs to do
their thing after every reset.  Sometimes, I'm not even using the
hardware they initialize.

- Shao Miller