[syslinux] LVM support

Olaf Westrik weizen_42 at ipcop-forum.de
Fri Apr 17 14:33:53 PDT 2009

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Hence trying to figure out what the value proposition is, and it has
> to come from users.

I am probably not your average user (if there is such a thing ;-)), but
I'll throw in my $ 0.02 ...

Myself and the project I am working on, use ISO-, PXE-, SYS- and since
recently also EXTLINUX.
ISO, PXE and SYS for obvious reasons (no viable alternatives) to be able
to boot from CD-ROM, PXE, and USB stick.
I stopped using grub (legacy) because I could not get it to fully work
with software RAID. Now this may well be because of stupidity on my
side, but with EXTLINUX "it just worked". And it also worked within
minutes, closely reading the wiki sufficed.

What I like about SYSLINUX (and companions) is that it is all fairly
easy to use, relatively small and comes with excellent support. All
features I hope will remain for a long time.

thx

Olaf

--

A weizen a day helps keep the doctor away.