[syslinux] syslinux on kubuntu easy way?

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:43:40 PDT 2009

Is there an easy way to use syslinux and use the normal kernel
upgrades without having to edit files each time?
Also the normal kubuntu kernel packages seem to come with symbolic
links not supported by fat filesystem. Does anyone know an easy way
around that? maybe using an overlay filesystem? I couldn't find what I
was looking for on google. I would like to use syslinux over extlinux
because it is easier to reset the syslinux partition back to the boot
partition inside of windows on a reinstall of windows. And because I
can edit the boot order from either windows or linux.