[syslinux] extlinux geometry issue

Dick Marinus dick at mrns.nl
Mon Apr 20 08:52:45 PDT 2009

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your fast reply and I'm sorry my previous message was a
complaint. I didn't intended to do so. I'm very happy with Syslinux.

I couldn't change the partition table of the USB stick, I've tried to do
so by using the eXpert function of fdisk but when I Wrote the new
partition table using a different geometry and re-read the partition
table by restarting fdisk the geometry was restored to H253/S62.

It would be great if extlinux could report the sectors/heads settings
which are asked by Syslinux from the BIOS to stdout.

greetings,
Dick