[syslinux] "menu quit" entry causing prompt to freeze

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Apr 28 11:06:26 PDT 2009

Hi,

I had one entry in my main menu which looked like:

label exit
   menu label ^Exit menu
   menu quit

Now, I did not expect anyone to type: exit on the boot-prompt. But someone
did today and we discovered that isolinux froze (and even ctrl-alt-del did
not cause a reboot).

Unfortunately in this instance we also found that the RSA adapter was not
or incorrectly configured. And we could not remotely reboot the server. :)

So I changed it into:

label -
   menu label ^Exit menu
   menu quit

However I don't think that such an entry should have this behaviour on the
command prompt. Maybe providing a new prompt would be better in this case ?

Just a thought...