[syslinux] Need help trying out new mboot.c32

Sebastian Herbszt herbszt at gmx.de
Tue Apr 28 11:19:10 PDT 2009

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> That is really strange!  Any chance I could bother you to put together a
> disk image (iso or hd image) that shows the problem?  It doesn't have to
> actually be able to mount root, as long as I know what it *should* look
> like.

I used a slightly different command line:

label xen-com1
  kernel mboot.c32
  append xen-dbg-3.3.1_18494_03-1.8.gz noreboot acpi=off apic=debug console=vga,com1 com1=115200 ---
vmlinuz-2.6.22.5-31-xen.gz

and mboot is displaying
Main cmdline: "noreboot acpi=off apic=debug console=vga,com1 com1=115200"
but xen prints
(XEN) Command line: acpi=off apic=debug console=vga,com1 com1=115200

So looks like the "noreboot" keyword being the first one is indeed "swallowed".
Does this help or should i try to create an image (using pxelinux currently so don't have one yet)?

- Sebastian