[syslinux] Strange behaviour when using vesamenu.c32 and PXELinux

Peter.Leenders at computacenter.com Peter.Leenders at computacenter.com
Wed Apr 29 06:29:29 PDT 2009

> On some computers, selecting this entry (and others) and pressing enter
> halts the menu as explained above.
> But, if i exit vesamenu (by pressing ESC) to end up at the "boot:"
> prompt, and type "livedistro" (the label) of this or other items, it
> works perfectly.
>
> So in the end, just the menu has this problem, typing the label (or the
> command) at the boot:-prompt works when the menu doesnt.
>
> Any ideas?

Hello Marius,

is this happening on PC's with Marvell Yukon NIC's and/or on FSC PC's
with Bootix Firmware. These modells are known to have buggy PXE
implementations. I know about various modells that have problems showing
a PXE mMenu at all or that freeze after a short time period (lets say round
about 15 seconds)

Peter Leenders