[syslinux] Web Forum for SysLinux (Miller, Shao)

Ryan McLean pvtryan100 at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 1 05:04:56 PDT 2009

Aviad Raviv wrote:
>> There is another aspect to this, and that is that web forums suck for
> searching... it is very fast for me to find things in my mailbox for this.”
>
> IMHO you are forgetting that not everyone was in the mailing list from the
> start, there for I for example cannot search for things that happened before
> I joined and new users? doubly so…
>
> So having even a sucky search engine is better than not having one at all.

I am sure it wouldn't be hard to add a search engine to the mailing list
archive page (if it doesn't already have one).
Failing that just use google with "site:zytor.com" in the query
> I vote for the mailing list.
> I have a dedicated email address for all my lists and it's so much
> easier to search & I don't need to visit any site, the messages come to me..
>
> Ryan
>

> Dude, all forums have the ability to keep you in the loop by watching the
> topics you replied in or have asked to watch and then all updates come to
> your email.

True But I have to choose what I want or register anyway to reply, I am
already registered here and I get everything regardless. A lot of it
goes over my head but i still enjoy reading it. I also don't have to
open my browser and goto a site and then refresh until there is an update.
> choice of:
>
> 1.       Filter myself (from the long emails) what I want to read
>
> 2.       De-register from the mailing list.
> As I said, just my two cents, I hope you will factor them into your
> decision.
> thank you, Aviad.
Try the daily digest, it may be more appropiate for you.