[syslinux] SYSLINUX 4.00-pre1

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Aug 7 00:19:19 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I have pushed out a development preview release of Liu's filesystems in
C code (including ext4 support for EXTLINUX).  It is called 4.00-pre1,
which doesn't mean it is the final 4.00 by any means (it isn't even
current with respect to some aspects of the 3.8x branch.)  However, it
is now available for people to try out.

It is checked into the fsc branch ("filesystems in C") of the main
repository.

Liu: you probably want to pull this into your tree before doing any
further work.

This snapshot doesn't include any of KlausM's work on porting the UI to
C and switching to ELF dynamic modules.