[syslinux] Chainloading from Vista x64 bootloader to Extlinux?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sat Aug 8 14:15:36 PDT 2009

On 08/08/2009 05:09 AM, Rune Morling wrote:

> Being able to chainload Extlinux (preferrably w/ext4 support of course ;)
> via the Vista x64 boatloader would be awesome, since I'd much rather use
> Extlinux. Also, it'd make the dual boot part of the Foresight setup much
> slicker.

Hi, I don't know why chainloading from the Vista bootloader doesn't
work.  It sounds like they might be passing invalid information in
DS:SI, which Grub doesn't rely on as far as I know.  I might be able to
look into this at some point, but I have a very long backlog right now
so I don't quite know when.