[syslinux] fsc branch: merged ldlinux.asm and extlinux; failing test

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sun Aug 9 22:27:52 PDT 2009

Hi,

I merged ldlinux.asm and extlinux.asm on the fsc branch, observing that
there were very little difference between them left.  So far, so good.

I found, however, a test which fails on the fsc branch (with or without
the merge.)  I have tracked it down to vfat_mangle_name() overwriting a
bunch of random .bss16 memory, eventually including the CallbackSP variable.

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/syslinux/fattest.tar.bz2