[syslinux] com32 ssh/telnet support?

Ryan McLean pvtryan100 at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 11 05:08:21 PDT 2009

Perhaps I am being stupid and if so please enlighten me.
Assuming that all clients have reserved IP addresses on the dhcp server,
surely it would be possible to have a com32 module that presented the
boot options to both stdout and also allowed connections via ssh.
After all for the system to get the files via tftp it has to have
network connectivity so one piece of the puzzle is there already.

I am thinking about this from a clustering perspective. As my cluster
nodes are headless and OS reinstalls require me to move a kvm connection
up and down the nodes which is time consuming.

Even if it was implemented such that you connect then use commands to
get the menu list and boot.

Regards,

Ryan