[syslinux] Quiet in append

Chuck Syperski csyperski at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 16 13:22:07 PDT 2009

I understand that the action of pxelinux has changed so that when "quiet" is specified in append you no longer see the progress of the kernel and init image download.  My question is, is it possible to have pxelinux be verbose (ie: show progress), but then pass quiet to the linux kernel so it is quiet.  I run a downstream project that uses pxelinux and I wanted to know if this is possible, as our users liked being able to see the "progress" of the file downloads, but don't want the verbose output of the linux kernel.

Thanks,
Chuck Syperski