[syslinux] MEMDISK-ISO: found another non-working ISO

Kim Mik kimmik999999 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 18 13:26:03 PDT 2009

Hi Shao Miller,

I found another ISO that doesn't work with MEMDISK-ISO.

It is the ISO of the PloP bootmanager.
It is a ISO which uses floppy emulation.
When I boot it with MEMDISK-ISO (run from Syslinux), my PC instantly reboots.
When I extract the floppy image from the ISO and boot this file with MEMDISK, it works fine.

Grub4dos iso emulation works fine for this iso.
When using Grub4dos and MEMDISK-ISO, the PC freezes.

You can get the last test version (which I tried) from here:
  http://www.plop.at/en/bootmngrusblog.html

Else download the last stable release (not tested, but will probably have the same problem):
  http://download.plop.at/files/bootmngr/plpbt-5.0.3.zip

Thanks
Gert Hulselmans