[syslinux] Incompatibility using pxelinux 3.80 or later and setupldr.exe from windows XP 32 bits

Jacek Kalin'ski jacek at dyski.one.pl
Tue Aug 25 12:36:08 PDT 2009

On 25.08.2009 19:13, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 08/25/2009 06:38 AM, Jacek Kalinski wrote:
>
>> Even using menu.c32 with old hardware (I don't know how to describe "old",
>> but I will try below), is working fine. With never - not :(
>>

> Since you're having problems with Windows-based software on hardware
> that I don't have access to, the only think I can think of at this point
> is to suggest doing a "git bisect".  You will need a Linux box to do
> builds on to do that.
>
> See, for example:
>
> http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2009-June/012761.html

Are you asking me, to make "diff" between working and not working
syslinux copies?
I haven't found working menu.c32 with a new hardware.
menu.c32 is working only with "old" hardware.

Even 4.00-pre2 and 3.11 are not working, so I can't make differences
between 2 versions.
Both are finishing with j8...j9...j:... error.

So how can I help you finding the problem?

Jacek