[syslinux] [GIT PULL] gfxboot32 branch

Steffen Winterfeldt wfeldt at suse.de
Tue Dec 15 05:51:17 PST 2009

Hi Erwan,

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Erwan wrote:

> Hey steffen,
>
> I've been trying 3.84-pre6 with your latest git under kvm but I have an
> issue.
>
> I'm doing the following config :
> UI gfxboot.c32 bootlogo
>
> The bootlogo is this one :
> ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/MandrivaLinux/official/2010.0/x86_64/isolinux/bootlogo
>
> When starting my virtual machine, I have an issue saying it can't enable the
> graphical mode.
> http://konilope.linuxeries.org/tmp/gfxboot-failure.png

I've just tried 3.84-pre6 and a quick check revealed no problems. There are
working packages on build.opensuse.org in my home:snwint:gfxboot project.

What might be the issue with the Mandriva version: you need at least gfxboot
4.1.38 to work properly with gfxboot.c32. In particular this commit

http://www.gitorious.org/gfxboot/gfxboot/commit/dc867039ce072328d8510173f5bc873c85572136

is needed.

Steffen

--
Das Nichtrauchen entfernt uns von der Zivilisation und setzt den Mann mit
seinem Dackel gleich. -- J. C.