[syslinux] Ugh on new bios.

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 11:01:17 PST 2009

Just so others know. On my EVGA motherboard the option to boot
removable media didn't work on my usb flash drive with syslinux on it.
Yesterday I tried updating the version of syslinux and seeing if that
would wok. Frustrated with it not working I moaned and groaned and my
brother decided to look for options in the bios that I might have
missed. He couldn't find anything. But I decided to look at the bios
just a little more and wala. Under the regular hard drive options I
found my USB flash disk listed. Who would have guessed that they would
put it there. It kind of sucks being there because if I want to boot
my usb drive I have to plug it in and select it in the bios each and
every time.