[syslinux] Graphic boot ...

Erez Strauss erstrauss at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 11:32:13 PST 2009

Hi Gene and Peter,

Thanks a lot.
I'll need it to boot linux only in graphic mode, and any other case
will be using regular text/menu selection, as done so far.
I saw Fedora plymouth that load Graphics on supported DRM cards (ATI cards).
But I'm looking for graphic boot on more HW configs.
I'll check the Ubuntu and GFXBoot; is the com32 module available for testing?

Can I switch the text output to none active virtual console at the
begining of the initrd (nash/bash), while staying in graphic mode from
the extlinux?
What exactly will break at the boot time (or later) if I do the above,
and start X from that mode?

Thanks,
Erez