[syslinux] How to define the main menu style

Murali (முரளி கணபதி) murali at google.com
Fri Feb 13 12:02:47 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Erwan <erwan at seanodes.com> wrote:
> Hey Murali,
>
> I'm currently playing with the menu system (against latest git).That's a
> very nice toy you gave us, thanks ;o)
>
> I was just wondering if it's possible to put the main menu as a single line
> on top of the screen instead of having a big box on the top left on the
> screen.
> Having a single line a the top would leave me a lot of space for the sub
> menu.

You want the top level menu to be horizontal instead of vertical! The
menu rendering code only renders vertically now. You could add a
boolean field to the menu data structure and modify the rendering code
appropriately. I would guess no more than 20-30 line code change.

--
Murali

கற்றது கை மண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு
(What we know is only a handful, what we dont is the rest of the world)