[syslinux] COM32 module: Read-Only shell

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 19:41:45 PST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 7:51 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> FWIW, __VA_ARGS__ is C99.

That came from a small trail of thought.  In reading the patch
submission guidelines, it said to avoid large amounts of ifdef's.  So
I looked at how I could change my debugging printf's to be more
compliant. (Originally #ifdef DEBUG printf #endif; on 3 lines of
course).  I found out about __VA_ARGS__ and figured out how I could
use that to use a function in my code but based on an #ifdef it will
compile to different functions and one of them is that it is an alias
for printf.

It may just be a matter that this was the first solution I stumbled
upon and may be I missed reading a better solution.  I just ran it
against checkpatch.pl from my current kernel and that may have been a
part of what lead me thinking that it was an appropriate solution.

There are a few more that I need to work on but thanks.  I know I've
also got some comments and other little things beyond making it a
little more use friendly.

--
-Gene