[syslinux] hide all output

Jason jflatt at cox.net
Tue Feb 17 18:22:50 PST 2009

I have been looking for a replacement bootloader that will hide all output and
just boot the linux kernel.  I was using grub, but that output way too much
information.  I just tried extlinux and am liking it a lot more than grub.  I
would like to have absolutely no output at all though.  By setting the PROMPT
to 0 it removes everything but the title.  Is there a setting that removes the
EXTLINUX 3.20 3.20-pre8  Copyright (C) 1994-2005 H. Peter Anvin output?  I've
already tried the CONSOLE 0 directive.