[syslinux] chainboot from grub to syslinux in logical partition

Cynthia Flynn 1cynthia2flynn3 at telus.net
Fri Feb 27 12:29:31 PST 2009

On Fri Feb 27 05:25:06 PST 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> There is a bug in quite a few versions of Grub when it comes to
> chainloading logical partitions: it passes bogus partition informations
> to the chainloaded boot sector.  That's most likely what you are running
> into.

Thanks. Could you point me at more detailed information about this bug?
I'm using the grub 0.97_3 port for FreeBSD so it would obviously help to
know whether this version is affected or not. All I found was the
following report, but since I'm using what the writer would refer to as
grub1 instead of grub2 and I'm not getting the error message he saw (or
indeed any) from grub itself, I don't imagine this is what you're
referring to:

   http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?8252

Cynthia