[syslinux] gpxe help

Michael Rodriguez mikerod76 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 19:17:54 PST 2009

Hello,

This is my first post. Please forgive me if I am not posting this in the
right location. I work at a college where we clone staff computer every now
and then. We have an internal network in our office. There is a Linux NAT,
DHCP, PXE server in our office separating the two networks. Internally, we
PXE with images that boot into Ghost to clone computers. We do not have
access to the external network DHCP server, so we can not PXE from outside
our office. Our DHCP server in our office is bound to the internal nic. I am
still trying to get gpxelinux to work, but that is another issue.

 In a different environment, what I did was put gpxe on a usb drive and
booted a computer on one side of a NAT router 192.168.1.0/24. DHCP is bound
to nic on different network 192.168.2.0/24. I was able to PXE boot the
computer with the following commands:

gpxe> set filename pxelinux.0
gpxe> set next-server <ip>
gpxe> autoboot

What I would like to do at work is to boot the usb drive with gpxe get a ip
address from the dhcp server we have no access to and gpxe automatic runs
the info above and my PXE menu from the dhcp/pxe/nat server in our office
comes up. Is this possible? Can I script this to auto run or hard code it
some how?
Can anybody help? I have been searching and testing all day.

mike