[syslinux] Custom MBR

Kjetil.Mikkelborg at kongsberg.com Kjetil.Mikkelborg at kongsberg.com
Mon Jan 5 00:33:33 PST 2009

actually, I to had this problem with software from safeguard easy some years back, and the way i solved it, was to take a copy of the first 1024 bytes of the disk, (both mbr + partition information), install linux in the free space, make grub chainload image from disk, so when sge booted, it got both mbr and partition table from grub, so sge did not understand that the actual disk layout included a linux install, since the partition table it saw had windows active, and free space after windows which in that version of the partition table was unused.

--Kjetil

But still, all this was done just with plain linux and grub, so no syslinux here.