[syslinux] Question about pxelinux and gpxelinux

Sean Lv jie.lv.mvp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 08:27:24 PST 2009

Dear Hpa and Jeffrey, thanks a lot for your kindly help and clarification.

For the second question, I searched the google whole day without any luck. And I got the confirm from one of Microsoft engineer, MS DHCP server do not support forced-DHCP-option, like ISC DHCP.  Anyone has a non-official trick?

I have an idea related to my 2nd question. Since gpxelinux.0 takes place of vendor-PXE stack, is there any way to force gpxe-PXE stack request the specified DHCP option? Then, I think MS DHCP could provide all options that gPXE client requested.  I guess it's related to re-compile gpxelinux.0, which is beyond my knowledge :)

I tried to interrupt the gpxelinux.0 boot process by crtl+B, then I could manually set some parameters, such as boot file name, default gateway. If the manual work can be replaced by a configuration file? How to do it? For example, I should put a file named gpxe.conf in the same path with gpxelinux.0 on my tftp server.

Thanks in advanced.