[syslinux] Installing syslinux from source

Shuku Torabi shtorabi at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 19:59:52 PST 2009

Hi,

I need to use syslinux with partedmagic to create a bootable USB version of partedmagic.

I installed syslinux using apt-get, the version installed is 3.31-4 (which is quite old).  This version seems to be lacking -d option to specify a directory for syslinux configuration file.

What debian repository can the latest version of syslinux be found on ?

So I downloaded the latest source 3.72, but can't find any information on how to make it. I've got nasm installed.  I tried make without a target which errors, and make with 'install' as target which also errors.

Can someone please give me a hint on the make target and anything else I need to do to get syslinux working on my system.

I'm using the latest version of Xandros distro.

Thanks,
Shuku Torabi.