[syslinux] Installing syslinux from source

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Jan 7 11:08:24 PST 2009

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Shuku Torabi wrote:
>>
>> So I downloaded the latest source 3.72, but can't find any information
> on how to make it. I've got nasm installed.  I tried make without a
> target which errors, and make with 'install' as target which also
> errors.
>
> You may want to grab 3.73-pre7 ... there are some build fixes in there.
> I just haven't had time to make a release out of it.

Remember to announce in advance when you want to do a release (or mail me)
so I can do another build and see if things break on older systems ;-)
Another possibility is to announce development (pre) releases in a
seperate development branch on freshmeat, that would trigger me as well !

PS 3.73-pre7 looks fine by the way, builds from RHEL5 down to RH9, just
as before.