[syslinux] OpenBSD TFTPD remap rules

Hans-Guenther Maerkle hg.maerkle at basis-dv.com
Wed Jan 7 12:50:24 PST 2009

Hi!

I am using OpenBSD 4.4 with the build-in TFTP-Daemon for PXE.
Distributing OpenBSD works fine.

Now I want to distribute OpenBSD and WinPE. I've installed
PXELinux 3.72 and configured it. Works also fine for PXELinux and
distributing OpenBSD.

To distribute WinPE I need a remap rule (\ -> /) for the TFTP-Daemon.
I've created a file /etc/tftpd.remap with the following rule:
rgG \\ /

In /etc/inetd.conf the -m parameter is added:
Tftp ... /usr/libexec/tftpd tftpd -m /etc/tftpd.remap -s /tftpboot

Result: The TFTP-daemon dosen't start. I've checked the man pages and
there is no -m paramter (like on Linux).

Does the build-in TFTP-Dameon in OpenBSD has no feature for remapping?
If yes, how do I have to enable it?
If no, how can I install the TFTPD-HPA 0.49 on OpenBSD 4.4?

Regards
Hans