[syslinux] Invalid or corrupt kernel image (pxelinux 3.72, kernel 2.6.28)

Alex Dubov oakad at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 17:15:38 PST 2009

> > I'm trying to boot nfs-root kernel using pxe.
> Kernel version is 2.6.28, image size - 2.3MB. tftp server
> works fine.
> >
> > The curious part: if I type the kernel image name at
> "boot:" prompt, exactly as it appears on the
> >
> > Does anybody have any ideas what it could be?
> >
> > By the way, gpxelinux exhibits the same behavior.
> >

> a) what does your configuration file look like?
>
> b) are you using the menu system?
>
> c) does it work if you use linux.c32?

Thanks for the swift reply. I already found the problem, namely, my tftp server had no support for "tsize". After switching to hpa-tftpd everything worked fine.

However, a lot of confusion stemmed from the fact that manual loading from "boot:" prompt worked all along. If it's not feasible to remove "tsize" feature dependence may it be possible to make "boot:" prompt loading routine to behave in exactly the same way as automatically invoked one?