[syslinux] Problem with Symantec's UNDI driver and PXELINUX

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jan 22 20:37:06 PST 2009

Brian H. Nelson wrote:

> [d2b359675d1b438c6409cc735494d5ec26c8a44c] Revamp runkernel.inc for
> "lengthless" operation
>
> though I don't know how much that will help.

Actually, that is really quite interesting.

The above changes the handling of high memory in a pretty fundamental
way.  This implies that the Symantec driver expects to find some kind of
data in high memory (probably what once was the PMM area) which is now
probably overwritten.

There isn't much I can do about it, but it at least gives a modicum of
an explanation.  I'll talk to the gPXE people and see if they might have
any ideas.