[syslinux] Dell Optiplex GX620 keyboard problem

Brian H. Nelson bnelson at cis.ysu.edu
Mon Jan 26 09:29:43 PST 2009

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> I thought that this was fixed since version 3.70, specifically
> 3.70-pre19.  If this *isn't* the case, it's a different problem then I
> thought it was.
>
> 	-hpa

I am seeing a related issue here. With syslinux 3.72, the usb keyboard
will *sometimes* stop responding after himem.sys is loaded on my DOS
boot image (as seen with an F8 step by step boot). During
PXE/syslinux/memdisk/DOS boot I have not seen any issue with the keyboard.

Interestingly, if the machine boots automatically, once the ghost client
loads up, the keyboard (and mouse) work fine. I'm pretty sure that ghost
has a USB stack in it, or at least it (re-)inits the usb devices when it
loads (it includes support for USB disks/cdroms).

This is a GX620 with A11 bios.

-Brian

Brian H. Nelson         Youngstown State University
System Administrator   Media and Academic Computing
              bnelson[at]cis.ysu.edu