[syslinux] Dell Optiplex GX620 keyboard problem

JOURDAIN Joris 031398 NEURONES joris.jourdain at cea.fr
Mon Jan 26 09:49:21 PST 2009

Thank's to all of you for you quick answers, and for the tip about
getting the old BIOS.
Sorry for not having searched hard enough.

Strangely enough, my syslinux version is even below the 3.53 - 3.61
range you mentionned : 3.31-4 : the one that ships with my debian etch
PXE server.

BTW, Is that nice vesamenu.c32 stuff a so called "com32 program or
something that switches to protected mode such as memdisk" ?
Because if it is, then I know that it's where my problem comes from :
we use it.

I had noticed on another boot server I manage, but on which the menu
isn't used, that I couldn't reproduce this keyboard problem (although
syslinux version is also  3.31-4 from debain etch) which leads me to
the conclusion that it's indeed related to the menu.

I'll try to upgrade syslinux to the "3.71+dfsg-5" from testing, and if
it still doesn't work, I guess I'll have to give up this nice menu ;-(

Thank's again.